Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
November 2018
Quote:This isn’t just about Ocasio-Cortez. The underlying message here is that if working people own anything beyond the bare minimum, then they’re not really struggling. (Remember the 2011 Fox News report about how 99 percent of poor families have refrigerators, and 54 percent own cell phones?) It points to a culture in which people who can’t afford things like health care or housing are blamed for their inability to do so, instead of the blame falling on the policies, and politicians, that make health care and housing so expensive in the first place. Ocasio-Cortez, for her part, has turned Scarry’s tweet into another opportunity to tout her outsider status. “The reason journos from @FoxNews to @dcexaminer can’t help but obsess about my clothes, rent, or mischaracterize respectful convos as “fights” is bc as I’ve said, women like me aren’t supposed to run for office — or win,” she tweeted.
Why Eddie Scarry claimed Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was too well dressed to “struggle” - Vox

Quote:Graham: The chairman of the Judiciary Committee sent a pretty chilling tweet yesterday. There will be no confirmation hearing for a new attorney general in 2017. If Jeff Sessions is fired, there will be holy hell to pay. Any effort to go after Mueller could be the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency, unless Mueller did something wrong. Right now I have no reason to believe that Mueller is compromised. If you've got reason to believe he is compromised and shouldn't be serving as special counsel, let me know.
Lindsey Graham warned Trump not to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions - Business Insider

Lindsey Graham...
Quote:Evangelical leader Jerry Falwell Jr. is blasting Republican leaders as "a bunch of wimps," and suggesting that conservatives and Christians should stop electing "nice guys." "They might make great Christian leaders but the US needs street fighters like @realDonaldTrump at every level of government b/c the liberal fascists Dems are playing for keeps & many Repub leaders are a bunch of wimps!" Falwell wrote on Twitter late Friday.
Jerry Falwell Jr.: Conservatives and Christians need to stop electing ‘nice guys’ | TheHill
Quote:Judge Judy earned $147 million in pretax earnings last year, making her television's highest paid host, according to a Tuesday report in Forbes. The candid courtroom host, whose full name is Judy Sheindlin, launched her 23rd season on the air this fall, delivering an average of 10 million viewers in syndication on CBS Television Distribution. The judge's $147 million is earned in two parts. The first $47 million comes from hosting "Judge Judy," while an additional $100 million was earned after selling the rights to the show's 5,200-episode library, along with future episodes of the program, for an estimated $100 million.
Judge Judy highest paid TV host, earned $147 million last year | TheHill

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  July 2018 Admin 2 2,665 11-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Admin
  May 2018 Admin 1 2,082 05-30-2018, 03:09 AM
  November 2017 Admin 7 5,934 11-29-2017, 07:25 PM
  Interesting week November 27 Admin 0 1,927 11-27-2016, 12:36 AM