Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not nasty enough..
Quote:A “significant” number of children who were U.S. citizens were separated by the Trump administration from their parents, a result of the then-president’s broader “zero-tolerance” anti-immigrant polices created to send a message to migrants in Central America to not travel to the United States or risk their families being permanently destroyed. “A government task force is tracking the fates of U.S. citizen children taken from migrant parents during the Trump administration. Some have spent years in foster care,” The New York Times revealed in a bombshell report Tuesday. “Hundreds, and possibly as many as 1,000, children born to immigrant parents in the United States were removed from them at the border, according to lawyers and immigrant advocates who are working with the government to find the families.” Just as with the more than 5000 immigrant children the Trump administration separated from their families who the Biden administration has been actively working to re-unite, some of the 1000 children who are U.S. citizens have also yet to be reunited with their families.
Bombshell: 1000 US citizen children were separated from parents under Trump and Miller's policies - Alternet.org
  • The cruelest and nastiest policy ever.
Quote:Jordan Neely, an unhoused 30-year-old Black man, was murdered on the New York City Subway this week by another passenger. The 24-year-old retired Marine who killed Neely by placing him in a headlock for nearly two minutes has not been arrested and continues to walk freeOn Thursday, Media Matters for America published a segment of Fox News host Harris Faulkner's conversation with Seattle conservative radio host Jason Rantz, in which the pair discussed their thoughts on the senseless homicide.

READ MORE: The GOP is the party of death

"Let's bring in Jason Rantz, Seattle radio host," Faulkner said. "I mean your — unfortunately, but fortunate for us — your experience with this sort of thing living where you do and looking at it across the nation definitely has some response from you. Want to know what it is today," she said to Rantz.

He replied, "Absolutely. I think look, I hear the quote that was used by this man, allegedly, 'I don't mind going to jail and getting life in prison, I'm ready to die.' And so when someone says that while they are acting erratically, I think it's fair to say that they pose a threat.

The right-wing commentator continued, "Unfortunately, there are a ton of people who live in New York, who take the subway, who have to deal with this exact kind of behavior every single day. It is undoubtedly a tragedy, and yet a mentally ill homeless man with supposedly 40-plus charges who continues to harass people and not a single Democrat seems to think that just maybe their policies are to blame. There is no introspection at all, just shouting about how he was murdered for being hungry and unhoused. I think the language around this is irrational and unreasonable and I think they're just looking for another fight and this is their opportunity to do just that."

Faulkner then weighed in with his opinion.

READ MORE: Tennessee Republican says homeless people can 'decide' to 'have a productive life' because Hitler did it

Per several reports, Neely was yelling prior to his death: "I don't have food, I don't have a drink, I'm fed up" and acting in a "hostile and erratic manner," but did not harm anyone on the subway.
'This was justified': Fox News guest defends homicide of unhoused Subway passenger - Alternet.org
Quote:“Insane.” “Absurd.” “Ludicrous.” Those are the actual words FBI Director Christopher Wray used to describe House Republicans’ crackpot conspiracy theories. “The American people fully understand,” Rep. Harriet Hageman (R-Wyo.) informed Wray at Wednesday’s hearing before the House Judiciary Committee, “… that you have personally worked to weaponize the FBI against conservatives.” Right. Hageman, the election denier who ousted Liz Cheney in a primary, would have you believe that Wray — senior political appointee in the George W. Bush Justice Department, clerk to a noted conservative judge, contributor to the Federalist Society, Donald Trump-appointed head of the FBI — is part of a conspiracy to persecute conservatives. “The idea that I’m biased against conservatives seems somewhat insane to me, given my own personal background,” he replied.

Rep. Mike Johnson (R-La.), a close ally of Speaker Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), told Wray that his FBI “suppressed conservative-leaning free speech” on topics such as the unconfirmed theory that covid-19 resulted from a lab leak in China. “The idea that the FBI would somehow be involved in suppressing references to the lab-leak theory is somewhat absurd,” Wray answered, pointing a finger, “when you consider the fact that the FBI was the only — the only — agency in the entire intelligence community to reach the assessment that it was more likely than not that that was the explanation for the pandemic.”
Republicans celebrate their successful deception of voters
Quote:A rise in hate crimes against transgender people may have been fuelled by politicians’ comments, the Home Office has admitted. Transgender hate crimes rose by 11 per cent in the year to March 2023, to their highest rate since the figures were first recorded in 2012. Recorded crimes increased from 4,262 in 2022 to 4,732 this year, while religious hate crimes were also up by 9 per cent. A Home Office briefing outlining the statistics, published on Thursday, highlighted for the first time the potential link between MPs’ remarks and the rise in recorded incidents. It said: “Transgender issues have been heavily discussed by politicians, the media and on social media over the last year, which may have led to an increase in these offences, or more awareness in the police in the identification and recording of these crimes.””
Rise in trans hate crimes could be fuelled by politicians, Home Office admits
  • While this is about the UK, the Conservative Party was the original 'Nasty Party' and we're pretty sure things are worse in the US. These people have suicide rates multiple times the population average, don't harm anybody and are now singled out for all kinds of abuse, just to rile up the base.
Quote:Although Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colorado) has a hard-right voting record, the GOP congressman is being attacked as a RINO (Republican in Name Only) by supporters of far-right Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) for voting against him for House speaker. But the attacks on Buck, who formerly chaired the Colorado Republican Party, have gone beyond insults and name-calling. Buck, according to The Hill's Nick Robertson, has been receiving death threats from Jordan supporters. His family has been threatened, and he has even been evicted from his office in Colorado because the landlord was upset over his "no" votes.
Conservative lawmaker faces eviction 'because the landlord is mad' with his speaker vote - Alternet.org

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasty President Admin 3 2,925 10-22-2020, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Admin
  Party of Nasty People Admin 6 4,167 10-20-2020, 03:52 PM
  Very nasty to survivors of mass shootings Admin 1 1,841 04-10-2018, 02:23 AM
  The nasty party is just for the rich stpioc 5 4,541 12-20-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: stpioc