Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's words, and his deeds..
Quote:President Trump this week said he has a “natural instinct for science” while defending his stance on climate change. Trump, who spoke with the Associated Press Tuesday in an interview published the next day, said he agrees that the climate is changing but contended that it "goes back and forth, back and forth."  "…You have scientists on both sides of the issue. And I agree the climate changes, but it goes back and forth, back and forth. So we'll see," Trump told the news outlet.  Pressed about whether climate change was becoming irreversible, Trump doubled down on his claim that there were scientists on "both sides of it."   

"I mean, you have scientists on both sides of it. My uncle was a great professor at [Massachusetts Institute of Technology] for many years, Dr. John Trump. And I didn't talk to him about this particular subject, but I have a natural instinct for science, and I will say that you have scientists on both sides of the picture," Trump said. The president made similar remarks in an interview Sunday on "60 Minutes," during which he said he wasn't convinced that climate change was being driven by humans, but "something's changing and it'll change back again." Asked about his remarks on "60 Minutes" by the AP, Trump said he wants “crystal clear water” and “the cleanest air on the planet,” but said he doesn't want to "sacrifice the economic well-being of our country for something that nobody really knows."
Trump: I have a 'natural instinct for science' when it comes to climate change | TheHill

Yea, he doesn't need scientists as he's got instincts. How convenient..

Then Trump wanting the cleanest air on the planet..

Quote:An Environmental Protection Agency panel that advises the agency’s leadership on the latest scientific information about soot in the atmosphere is not listed as continuing its work next year, an E.P.A. official said. The 20-person Particulate Matter Review Panel, made up of experts in microscopic airborne pollutants known to cause respiratory disease, is responsible for helping the agency decide what levels of pollutants are safe to breathe. Agency officials declined to say why the E.P.A. intends to stop convening the panel next year, particularly as the agency considers whether to revise air quality standards.
E.P.A. to Disband a Key Scientific Review Panel on Air Pollution - The New York Times

You might want to check our thread about the health effects of air pollution in general, and fine partical pollution in particular, these are really massive silent killers:

Quote:Worldwide, air pollution-related deaths are also rising: particulate-matter related air pollution was responsible for 4.2 million deaths in 2015, or about 7.6 percent of all deaths worldwide.
Health effects of pollution

But of course that doesn't have to be investigated.. Keep America safe!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's energy policies stpioc 28 19,387 08-11-2019, 02:36 AM
Last Post: stpioc