Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The party of climate denial
Quote:In the last five minutes of Sen. Cory Gardner’s (R-Colo.) town hall on Tuesday morning, an unlikely voice stepped up to the microphone. A young teen girl, fighting for the courage to speak, urged the senator to start a climate solutions caucus in the Senate. “If all you need is more information, I can come visit the energy committee and do a PowerPoint for you,” she said.  She wasn’t the first to see a public forum as the perfect chance to pressure politicians to act on climate change. During several recent town halls, there’s been a trend of young women seizing the opportunity to challenge their leaders
Teenagers Keep Going to Town Halls and Owning Republicans and It’s Amazing – Mother Jones

Terrific strategy. And sometimes these people need a little reminder..

Quote:Back in late August 2015, a teen reminded Christie of a statement he made earlier in the month that exhaling carbon dioxide contributes to climate change. Christie denied ever saying that and reprimanded her: “I know you really care about this subject, but you know what? The first thing you need to do is not be wrong and not quote me incorrectly.” The video above, made by NextGen Climate-New Hampshire, proves that she was right and he did, in fact, say the following statement on August 4: The climate’s been changing, forever. And it will always continue to change. Does human activity contribute to it? Of course it does. We all contribute to it, in one way or another. By breathing we contribute to it. Christie, who has said he doesn’t think Americans should prioritize climate change, never responded to the video.
Teenagers Keep Going to Town Halls and Owning Republicans and It’s Amazing – Mother Jones

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The hypocritical party Admin 26 11,946 08-26-2023, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Admin
  Party of Nasty People Admin 6 4,166 10-20-2020, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Admin
  The nasty party is just for the rich stpioc 5 4,540 12-20-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: stpioc