Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The latest effort to repeal Obamacare
Of course the right-wingers hound Jimmy Kimmel:

Quote:I always turn to millionaire comedians for my health care public policy,” Matt Lewis, a conservative columnist, quipped on CNN Thursday.  “I wish Jimmy Kimmel would focus on being funny instead of giving health care advice.”  Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who authored the repeal bill with Cassidy, has also accused Kimmel of being uninformed, saying the comedian simply adopted “some liberal talking points that are absolutely garbage.”  “He bought it hook, line and sinker,” Graham told NBC News Wednesday. "I’m sorry he does not understand," Cassidy echoed Wednesday on CNN's "New Day" program.
Jimmy Kimmel becomes thorn in the GOP's side | TheHill

However, it turns out Jimmy Kimmel is right:

Quote:On Wednesday, the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association warned the Cassidy-Graham bill “would allow states to waive key consumer protections, as well as undermine safeguards for those with pre-existing medical conditions.” America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), the health insurance industry’s largest lobbying group, also came out this week against the bill, saying it “pull[s] back on protections for pre-existing conditions.”
Jimmy Kimmel becomes thorn in the GOP's side | TheHill

Messages In This Thread
The latest effort to repeal Obamacare - by stpioc - 09-19-2017, 03:20 AM
RE: The latest effort to repeal Obamacare - by stpioc - 09-21-2017, 11:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obamacare didn't destroy jobs stpioc 0 1,503 07-28-2017, 01:44 AM
Last Post: stpioc
  Repeal of the ACA and tax cuts stpioc 1 2,451 07-01-2017, 03:14 AM
  The effects of a repeal of ACA stpioc 121 101,879 06-21-2017, 02:21 AM
  The Trump Government is already killing Obamacare stpioc 0 1,783 02-04-2017, 12:02 AM