- Right-wingers blame the Democrats and in particular Senator Feinstein on this being a ploy to delay the nomination. However, Feinstein only respected the demand from Dr. Ford for privacy
- It’s now in full display why that demand was made after Ford had to escape her house after numerous death threats to her and her family. Her life has been thrown upside down
- It would actually have benefited the Democrats if Feinstein wouldn’t have respected Dr. Ford’s demand for privacy, not all politicians sit on potentially damaging information about adversaries.
- Republicans argue the Supreme Court can’t be without an empty seat for so long, ramming through the nomination process. However, they didn’t even give Gosurch (Obama’s really quite moderate candidate for the Supreme Court) a hearing for a year or so, arguing that the people needed to vote first.
- If anyone thinks Dr. Ford made these accusations simply to hurt Kavanaugh should consider the (all too predictable) consequences..
- Why is there no Fed investigation, which the Bush’ White House ordered in a similar case with Anita Hill and judge Thomas?
- Kavanaugh seems to have a preference for his female law clerks to look like models
- Good friend Ed Whelan argued Christine Ford had mistaken Kavanaugh for somebody else, so he implicitly accuses a middle school teacher of sexual assault!
- This looks like an organized smear campaign with Orin Hatch and Whelan and a PR firm involved, possibly also Kavanaugh himself.
Trump can’t of course contain himself:
- He’s now suggesting Ford is lying.
- He argues Kavanaugh is the victim, never expressing any sympathy for Ford.
- He has a history of defending men accused of sexual harassment (Rob Porter, BIll O’Reilley, Roger Ailes, Roy Moore, etc.). That is, if they are right-wingers.
- Trump, of course is himself accused by more than 16 women of unwanted sexual advances.
- Trump’s playbook, in his own words: “deny deny deny.
Join the forum: Trump for women!